The Muse of Random
Everybody loves random tables in which dice are rolled and the element represented by the number on the dice must be used. I like them because they can give you a boost to creative thinking, especially if the element from the table is very different than the current situation. I wonder if any best-selling authors have used a random RPG table to break out of a writer's funk. I'm sure they wouldn't admit it even if they did.
So today, let me be your muse. I will come up 10 random ideas based on 5 random words. Feel free to use any of these ideas in your gaming session or your writing session (don't worry I won't tell anyone).
First the random five words from the generator: frail, noisy, table (oh my god!), materialistic, reason
ON TO THE LIST...
- Sneaking away from the enemy requires crossing a frail, yet noisy bridge.
- At a Las Vegas poker table, the player next to you sneaks you a note under the table that reads "RUN!"
- The Queen orders you to track down a thief that has stolen her favorite wine glass.
- The frail, old person with a will stronger than steel.
- A corpse, dead of starvation, sprawled across a pile of gold.
- A dimension where sound is power but silence is the deadliest weapon of all.
- You adventure for glory and thrills, and therefore refuse any loot or payment for deeds accomplished.
- A tarot table in which readings come true, no matter how the deck is manipulated
- Entering the room of sonic screams is enough to shatter the toughest armor.
- The outcome of the war for control of the kingdom is finally determined by a battle of song.